Advanced Character Animation

This blog is in place to document my progress and research for the 'Advanced Character Animation' module at Thames Valley University. My idea is to create a short 30 second animation in the style of 'Creature Comforts', an 'Aardman Animation' classic.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Hanwell, United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Script Done!

The audio has now been converted into script form and I've added a few unique bits and bobs in there to add more of a story to the piece rather than just an exercise in lip sync. The character has also changed again in my mind to a spider, yes I said I was fickle. Going to give the script to my girlfriend who is a bit of an actress for her to act it out for me on Friday, embarassing videos to follow. The script is below (Excuse the formatting, this blog compresses it a bit):


Likes and Dislikes

by

James Stone


INT. GARDEN - DAY

SPIDER is sitting on a chair being interviewed; she is looking intently into the camera.

SPIDER

Yes, I like to play tennis.

A fly flies into shot and distracts SPIDER mildly.

SPIDER (CONT’D)

Erm, I like to...

The fly continues to hover around. SPIDER slowly tracks the fly with her eyes. SPIDER now focuses her attention on the camera.

SPIDER (CONT’D)

Erm, go to the gym. Erm, I like to play music, and I like to paint, and to knit and sow...

SPIDER giggles to herself.

SPIDER (CONT’D)

And I love swimming.

SPIDER pauses and giggles slightly. Fly lands on some droppings in the background.

SPIDER

To be honest I hate wasps, I hate bees. Erm...

SPIDER looks at fly and then turns to face the camera again slightly angered.

SPIDER (CONT’D)

I hate dirty flies...Especially flies from London, they’re particularly viscous...

SPIDER looks over shoulder at fly and then turns to face the camera again.

SPIDER (CONT’D)

And they just, you know, they just don’t get the hint we don’t want them round.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home