Advanced Character Animation

This blog is in place to document my progress and research for the 'Advanced Character Animation' module at Thames Valley University. My idea is to create a short 30 second animation in the style of 'Creature Comforts', an 'Aardman Animation' classic.

My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Hanwell, United Kingdom

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Spider enters 3D!


Haven't updated in a while, so unfortunatley this blog has slipped a bit. I'm going to try and update more regularly in future.

Between now and the presentation I have started taking my concept and working on it in 3D. As you can see (above) the transition has gone quite well. Its still not a final image but I'm pleased at how this is going so far. I'm thinking of adding some foilage to break up the shot a bit. In the time since my last post I have made several sets and haven't been able to find a balance with any of them, this one, so far, seems to suit the mood best.

I have set up a thread (URL below) on the university forums to obtain critiques and advice on my work from peers.

http://www.3d-tvu.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=194

So far the critiques have been informative and encouraging. The next stage is to rig my model and brush up on any visual elements that may need tweaking before I continue. Then it will be time to animate.

I'm pleased with my current progress and look forward to having a nice clean piece of animation by the end of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home